About Me – Wow Photography:
About Me – Wow Photography: Photography is the easiest medium of Art to be competent in but it’s the hardest medium in which to have a truly personal vision. It’s very much like talking: everyone can talk but very few have something to say. In creating my work I aim to demonstrate a clear style, to tell a story while being imaginative and thought-provoking. My goal is to present work that is strong and distinguished with an original narrative sense. I wish to inspire people with timeless images that have enduring qualities, to be creative and artistic, to evoke emotions and to show a personal vision.
Titles and Milestones
- 2023 Winner of the Monochrome category at the North Shore National Salon
- Finalist Editorial category – Sony Alpha Awards
- 2022 Winner of the Scapes category at the North Shore National Salon
- 2021 Auckland Photographer of the Year
- 2021 Nature Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2020 Auckland Photographer of the Year
- Editorial Prize Winner – Sony Alpha Awards
- Finalist at the 2020 Iris Awards: In-Camera Portrait, In-Camera Landscape, Travel
- Rise Photography Awards Finalist: Creative Category
- 2018 Auckland Photographer of the Year
- 2018 Grand Prize Winner – Sony Alpha Awards
- 2018 Portrait Category Winner – Sony Alpha Awards
- 2016 Auckland Photographer of the Year
- 2016 Highest Scoring Print – Iris Awards
- 2016 Travel Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2016 Portrait Classic Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2015 Auckland Photographer of the Year
- 2015 Documentary Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2015 Portrait Classic Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2014 Creative Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2014 Portrait Creative Photographer of the Year Finalist
- Master of Portrait Photography
- Fellow of the Photographic Society of New Zealand
Taking portraits seriously
About Me – Wow Photography: I am only as good as my last image so always aspiring to exceed my reputation of producing unique and quality photographs while providing outstanding value to my customers – Auckland wide. I am able to achieve this by focusing on customers’ real needs and delivering my best products and services. In pursuit of maintaining my reputation of directing a leading portraiture photography studio, I choose to treat business partners, customers and stakeholders with respect while listening to the market-place and creating a ‘Wow’ factor. I don’t just take pictures – I create them.
How do I achieve that? By pushing the boundaries and creating special rapport with my clients, by thinking outside the box to create truly inspiring images and engaging with everyone until there are sparks in the air! My commitment is to be innovative in creating images that evoke deep emotions – portraits with enduring quality. My dream is to make the world a better place. My humble contribution is to build your family legacy by creating beautiful portrait photos on your wall which will last a lifetime. My goal is simple: to leave a lasting impression with stunning images; to impress you with the best professional photography and bring joy to your home. Here is why you should choose me!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
“There are only two reasons we do anything in life: to gain pleasure and to avoid pain.” – Tony Robbins
“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.” – Victor Hugo
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see” – Henry David Thoreau
About Me – Wow Photography : My early inspirations came from viewing black and white masterpieces by Ansel Adams. Also influential were repeated visits to New York museums and art galleried. It wasn’t just the beautiful and inspiring art but also the opportunity to practice street photography by documenting the bustling street life of Manhattan. Robert Mapplethorpe and Henri Cartier-Bresson were among my earlier influences. I also admire the amazing photos of Dorothea Lang, Walker Evans and Steve McCurry. Other famous photographers include: Peter Coulson, Dan Winters and Joel Grimes, as well as Tony Drayton, Alexia Sinclair, Sue Bryce; Craig Potton and Sebastião Salgado
I am an active member of the North Shore Photographic Society where he present images on a regular basis. I have recently been judging at camera clubs Auckland wide in my pursuit to qualify as a judge by the Photographic Society of New Zealand [PSNZ].
I love taking pictures of people and watching their expression when they first view their images. My talent lies in capturing the spirit of the moment in people’s lives, establishing a quick rapport with my clients, enabling them to feel comfortable and relaxed when posing for a portrait so they look gorgeous:)
I love using unconventional and unique compositions to create clean and outstanding images for commercial purposes and Fine Art.