Why choose me?
- I am proud to offer a unique 100% money back guarantee.
- Your photo session is very personal. I tailor the photo shoot to best suit your specific needs, portraying your true character and personality.
- Wow Photography is a local New Zealand business; I buy locally in Auckland, NZ.
- International, multi award-winning photographer.
- NZIPP accredited and qualified portrait photographer.
- 2021, 2020, 2018, 2016 & 2015 NZIPP Auckland Photographer of the Year.
- Published and featured in numerous magazines, TV and radio shows including: The New Zealand Herald, Sunday Star Times, D-Photo Magazine, TV3 Story, NewsHub, Stuff, Photoworld, OurAuckland, Portrait of Humanity book, f11 Magazine, Otago Daily Times, The Marlborough Express, The Big Idea, The Star, The North Shore Times, hEAD oN Photo Festival, Auckland Festival of Photography and more.
- My commitment is to capture precious moments while guiding you through your portrait session, making sure that you feel perfectly at ease and relaxed in front of the camera. Portrait photography is all about people: our emotions, who we are and those who are most important to us. I take this responsibility seriously, creating a unique and personal experience for everyone while having some fun.
- I pride myself at being a leader in the field of portrait photography, engaging my clients, creating fresh and exciting portraits: combining the highest professional standards, matching my photography style to the occasion: creative editorial, formal, classic, casual and commissioned portraits.
- I will manually retouch each and every image to carefully turn your portraits into timeless photographic Art that will bring joy to your home for years to come.
- Choose from a variety of products designed to suit the style of your home and your budget, including fine-art paper and beautiful custom made albums, colour or monochrome prints: black and white or sepia on premium luster photographic paper, silver halide, C-type prints, or heavy canvas.
- My services include: portrait photography, family portrait photography, business portraits, corporate portraits and headshots, pet photography, event photography, lifestyle portrait photography and gift packages.
“The real work of making photographs is not exposing and focusing your image well. That’s just learning to use a camera and it’s not mastery, just a necessary first step. High school photography students nail that in one semester.
The real work, the labour of years, is in learning to tell a story, learning to cram a heart-full of emotion or a brain full ideas into our impossibly limited little frames. It’s in learning not to focus a lens but to focus attention. Learning to expose our souls, not just a negative. Learning composition, and how to play with balance, tension, line, shape, colour, selection of moment and gesture.
Add to that the ability to create a body of work, to make a great print, to wrestle with your creative process daily, and having the humility and determination to do it over and over again. It is learning to speak with a very specific kind of language to the people that read our images, and say things that matter.
It is connecting and engaging and worrying more about inspiring than being inspired. It is in understanding emotional range more than dynamic range. It is being open and receptive and patient. It’s not about the camera or the settings; it’s about the photographer.” – David duChemin
In one word: passion. In three words: passion, love, excitement. The bigger picture is made of three components: me, you and humanity. I wish to leave a legacy behind me and the best way is to move touch and inspire you with capturing immortal moments that will stay with you and your family for ever. I’d like to make a difference in people’s life, for you and for generations to come. I put my heart and soul into your photographs to create art that is well worth cherishing.
Creating portraits gives me great opportunity to connect with people. I enjoy getting to know people and to capture these precious memories. I love connecting to people. Creating stunning photos enables me not only to genuinely connect with you in a very special way but also to understand what’s really important to you. All my actions are aimed at providing outstanding service and a fresh ‘Wow’ reaction. My set of values and beliefs enable me to establish authentic trust and create good rapport. I am very passionate about photography and it becomes quite obvious in the way I create portraits: I get everyone excited during the photo shoot and it clearly shows in your body language. I also get a tremendous fulfillment from the impact which my photographs crate; often evoking deep emotions. It’s my great honour and privilege to be able to share this experience with you and I am really grateful for that.
I believe that we can change the world we live in and make it a better place. My humble contribution is in creating unique portraits that will be proudly displayed on your walls for years to come. A beautiful portrait becomes a precious memory that connects us to who we are and reminds us of the most important people in our lives: our loved ones. A prominent family portrait is proven to lift the positive energy in our homes. It enhances family values by reminding us the good times thus giving us strength and courage to overcome challenging periods in our lives. Your portraits are very special and become part of your family legacy: your heirloom. These wall displays are a gift that keeps giving and I truly appreciate the opportunity to share this experience, capturing very special moments. My goal is to work with people who have similar belief system, people who share my passion for beautiful photographs and the value it brings to our lives.
Creating photos also enables me to combine creativity with technique, art and science. I feel energized when entering my images into competitions and thrilled when being awarded for my work. Operating Wow Photography exposed me to the complex aspects of running a business and expanded my world. Having a B.Sc and MBA degrees I previously contributed to large corporations as an employee. However, my photography career gives me tremendous opportunity not only to be creative, but also to be directly impacting many families, bringing overwhelming joy to many homes. It drives me every day to be my best and gives me the energy to continue pursuing my passion. Time virtually stops when I am in the flow of taking pictures, when I am in the zone. I keep learning and developing so enjoy innovating and stretching my boundaries beyond my comfort zone. I also make mistakes and recognize that these failures are important lessons for my growth. I am so excited and fortunate to have a meaningful purpose, inspiring people whom I get to photograph and getting inspired by people around me – standing on the shoulders of giants.